Senior Systems Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Technology keeps the world moving - It’s no different here at Hot Topic. We are looking for a Systems Analyst who work on a team that delivers comprehensive, high-quality support to business functions.
This role is based at our Headquarters in City of Industry, CA .
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for assessing, designing, building, testing, deploying, and documenting solutions between UKG Workforce Centraland associated third-party platforms. Solutions will vary from custom reporting, benefit and file feed interfaces, and complex API-based (REST/SOAP) integrations.
- Work with the business operations team, systems integrators, benefit providers, and other third parties to evaluate and define IT requirements and then develop and deliver an agreed-upon solution, custom reporting, file feeds, and custom interfaces and integrations third-party platforms.
- Passion for problem-solving technology to exemplify outstanding customer service skills and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate experience in solutioning, testing, and supporting the integrations in Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Attendance, and reporting systems.
- Analyze customer configuration and effectively use internal and external resources such as knowledge bases, user/admin manuals, and internet resources to troubleshoot the problem, coordinate with other support areas as required.
- Work closely with project managers, implementation consultants, and customers and communicate project goals, updates, and required tasks.
- Effectively assess technical situations and establish case priorities/severities by their service level agreement.
- Effectively manage cases through multiple channels while documenting precise troubleshooting and customer interaction details.
- Work individually and with internal teams & system vendors to solve technical problems while communicating trending issues and best practices.
- Make the customer feel known and understood by reviewing case history to assure familiarity with the system environment.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related fields.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in retail investigations & solutioning experience with Internal HR, Finance & Loss Prevention Systems.
- Must have proven experience in the use of software investigative and exception reporting tools.
- Must have strong experience working with SQL, Oracle, and standard flat file formats and exposure to development models and cloud applications.
- Development tools such as Postman, code repositories (SVN, Bitbucket), Jira, etc.
- Experience working with IaaS/PaaS is a plus. EDI (electronic data interchange) knowledge/experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external audiences and focused on fostering collaboration between team members.
- Has a proven ability to identify and translate requirements into working solutions. Must possess investigative solid methodologies and experience
- Must work well under pressure, be a self-starter and work with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills: a team player; friendly, professional, and approachable
- Experience or exposure to retail systems, operations, and processes is a plus.