Manager, Live Selling
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're growing. Like crazy. As a result of this The Manager of Live Selling will lead and coordinate Live Selling across Hot Topic and BoxLunch brands. Live Selling is an emerging channel for Hot Topic Inc., to build brand awareness, partner with social media influencers, and drive sales. The live selling events will be both produced by Hot Topic Inc, as well as influencer self-produced events. The position reports to the SVP of Merchandising & Marketing for Hot Topic brand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and managing the Live Selling calendar and work-back timeline, in partnership with Merchants, Marketing and Ecomm, regarding marketing trigger dates across various levers. Ensures all critical parties are invites to the appropriate event.
- Owns Weekly HT Live team call
- Coordinates with Creative Services to ensure team is ready to rehearse and produce events
- Builds all shows in Bambuser
- Drafts scripts for all shows
- Draft press release for review for shows, where appropriate
- Get product download from merchant team prior to show to understand product call-outs/details/focuses. All pre-event production: Lighting tests, Wifi speed up/download speeds are appropriate for show day, background/sets, and camera positioning
- Produces event – ensures script is loaded into teleprompter, assists with running camera/switchers
- Debrief with team on weekly HT/BL Live calls
- Adjusts future shows based on learnings
- Stay up-to-date with live selling channel, competition, pop culture, fashion trends, industry and competitor news.
- Perform other job duties and support of Live Selling, as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years prior experience leading a marketing function or Ecomm production or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications; knowledge of Bambuser or equivalent programs
- Interest in pop culture, music and fashion
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey messages and information effectively and accurately.
- Ability to work in a team environment, interface with various departments and personalities
- Resourceful. Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work in a quick, fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow-through on assignments with minimal supervision
- Time management and multi-tasking skills. Strong ability to multi-task and seamlessly move from project to project.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to think creatively and help contribute to marketing campaigns and event strategies
- Willingness to learn. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding music, fashion and pop culture.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Regular travel is not expected though travel for events, conventions, activations and project rollouts may be required.